McKay Drilling is an industry-leading WA based, and operated drilling company. We are seeking Permanent Full Time Drill Fitters.
You will responsible for maintaining and servicing all forms of automotive/mechanical vehicles and machinery relating to efficient operation of drilling equipment and associated ancillary equipment.
The successful candidates will perform the work on the Company’s assets in a safe, planned and effective manner. As a key team member, you will work collaboratively with Maintenance and the Operations departments.
- Rewarding Pay including retention bonus;
- A structured career path with progression opportunities in our expanding teams;
- Opportunities to work Internationally;
- 24/7 employee support services;
- Industry-leading technology and equipment.
- Maintain and repair exploration drill rigs, vehicles, MTU, CAT and Cummins motors and equipment;
- Thorough and meticulous completion of all maintenance records and documentation;
- Record and manage movement in and out of associated mechanical spare parts;
- Ensure a thorough and regular maintenance plan is implemented and maintained to allow efficient and reliable operation of all vehicles and machinery including associated ancillary equipment.
- Maintain stock records relating to mechanical repairs and identify stock requirements.
This is a FIFO role, ex Perth on a 2 week on 1 week off roster. You will be working 12 hour days, based on both exploration and mine sites.
- Solid experience as a Heavy-Duty Diesel Mechanic;
- Experience working with RC, Diamond drill rigs;
- Knowledge of Sullair and Hurricane compressed air systems, welding, electrical, fitting, design, and drilling;
- Canbus systems diagnosis and good understanding of electrical systems;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- General computing knowledge;
- Service focused with attention to detail, time management and strong team work ethic;
- Work unsupervised and adhere to WHS&T requirements.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Heavy Duty Mechanical Trade/Plant Mechanic Qualification (Australian recognised) or equivalent
- Current police clearance
- Candidate must be able to pass a McKay Drilling pre-employment medical in addition to any legislatively required or Client based medicals and/or clearance.