McKay Drilling is a leading WA based drilling company specialising in all areas of Diamond and Reverse Circulation Drilling.
About the job
We are seeking experienced RC Drillers for upcoming projects and additional new rigs joining our fleet. The ideal candidates will apply extensive experience, technical knowledge and skills in Reverse Circulation Drilling. McKay Drilling operates a fleet of state of the art, late model Schramm 685 truck and track-mounted RC rigs across exploration and mine site-based projects.
Lead, motivate and mentor team members whilst championing McKay Drilling’s values of safety and performance.
You will be responsible for recovering an accurate sample, as per Client specifications, in a safe and cost effective manner while complying with McKay Drilling’s operational performance targets, safety initiatives, and Company policies and procedures.
What we offer
- Competitive pay and bonus rates, including loyalty/retention bonuses
- Structured a career path with multiple progression and alternative role options;
- Consistent long term work with tier 1 clients
- Industry leading technology and equipment.
- A complete understanding of the terms of the drilling program and liaising with Supervisors to ensure successful completion;
- Manage single rig operation;
- Consistently apply exceptional drilling practises and techniques;
- Effective liaison with crew, supervisory team, and Client contact;
- Ensure personal compliance with Company WHS regulations and site-specific rules.
You will have a service focus with a professional approach and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely. With excellent attention to detail, organisation and time management skills, you will be able to apply your knowledge in a practical, commercial manner.
The successful applicant will have a proven ability to work in a physically demanding role, under pressure.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a RC Driller;
- Certificate III in Drilling Operations;
- Senior First Aid;
- HR Drivers’ Licence;
- National police clearance.
Please note: Candidates that do not meet the essential requirements will not be considered.
This is a FIFO role on a 2&1or 2&2 roster ex Perth. You will be working 12 hour days within a small team in remote locations and therefore, applicants MUST be physically fit and will be required to pass a pre-employment medical and regular drug and alcohol screening.
McKay Drilling reserves the right to close an advert before the advertised closing date. Shortlisting will commence immediately, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
McKay Drilling embraces diversity and encourages candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Your application will include the following questions:
- How many years of drill and blast experience do you have?
- Do you have a heavy vehicle driver’s licence?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- Have you completed a qualification in drilling operations?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?