McKay Drilling is a leading WA based drilling company specialising in all areas of Diamond, Reverse Circulation and Hydro Drilling.
We are seeking Indigenous Australian & Torres Strait Islander inexperienced Offsiders and Driller Assistants for upcoming projects. You will have the motivation to build your drilling career and a willingness to uphold and practice McKay Drilling’s values for safety and performance.
Provide support to your supervising Driller and the drilling team to achieve operational performance targets and safety initiatives, while complying with all company and client policies and procedures.
- Rewarding pay;
- On the job training and mentoring;
- Drilling Operations certification;
- Structured career path;
- 24/7 employee support services;
- Industry-leading technology and equipment.
ABOUT THE JOB
This is a FIFO role on a 2/1 roster from Perth. You will be working as part of a small team on 12-hour shifts in remote locations.
- Sample presentation;
- Rod handling;
- Maintaining a clean and safe work site;
- Cleaning of the drill rig and ancillary equipment;
- Equipment maintenance;
- Driving and general housekeeping;
- Ensuring personal compliance with Company WHS regulations and site-specific rules.
Service focused with a professional approach and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely. With excellent attention to detail, organisation and time management skills, you will be able to apply knowledge in a practical, commercial manner. Additionally, you will have a proven ability to work in a physically demanding role under pressure.
- Perth based FIFO roster 2/1;
- 12 hour days;
- Prefered HR License or minimum Manual C Drivers’ License, and to obtaining your HR License within 3 months;
- National police clearance;
- Able to pass a role-specific medical and drug and alcohol screening.
Please note: Applicants MUST be physically fit and will be are required to pass a pre-employment medical and regular drug and alcohol screening.
McKay Drilling is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce.
The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special/equal opportunity measure
under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth) and Section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984.
Please note only shortlisted candidates who meet the above requirements will be contacted.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
- Are you willing to undergo drug and alcohol screening?