McKay Drilling is an industry leading WA based, and operated drilling company located in Wangara. We are seeking Permanent Full Time Drill Fitters, that have experience in the drilling industry.
Be responsible for maintaining and servicing all forms of automotive/mechanical vehicles and machinery relating to efficient operation of drilling equipment and associated ancillary equipment.
The successful candidate will perform the work on the Company’s assets in a safe, planned and effective manner. As a key team member, you will work collaboratively with Maintenance and Operations departments, ensuring planning priorities are achieved and cost over-runs are minimal.
- Rewarding Pay including retention bonus;
- A structured career path with progression opportunities in our expanding teams;
- Opportunities to work Internationally;
- 24/7 employee support services;
- Industry-leading technology and equipment.
- Maintain and repair exploration drill rigs, compressors and boosters, with MTU, CAT and Cummins motors
- Thorough and meticulous completion of all maintenance records and documentation;
- Record and manage movement in and out of associated mechanical spare parts;
- Able to manage strip and rebuild process from start to finish
- Ensure a thorough and regular maintenance plan is implemented and maintained to allow efficient and reliable operation of all vehicles and machinery including associated ancillary equipment.
- Maintain stock records relating to mechanical repairs and identify stock requirements.
This is a Perth Base position with the potential to travel from time to time.
- Solid experience as a Heavy-Duty Diesel Mechanic;
- Experience working with RC, Diamond drill rigs;
- Must have experience commissioning drill rigs.
- Knowledge of Sullair and Hurricane compressed air systems, welding, electrical, fitting, design, and drilling;
- Hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic system diagnosis and a good understanding of PLC systems;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- General computing knowledge;
- Service focused with attention to detail, time management and strong team work ethic;
- Work unsupervised and adhere to WHS&T requirements
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Certificate III Heavy Duty Mobile Plant Fitter;
- Current police clearance;
- Candidate must be able to pass a McKay Drilling pre-employment medical in addition to any legislatively required or Client based medicals and/or clearance.
McKay Drilling is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Please Note: Candidates who do not meet the essential selection criteria will NOT be considered for this position. Shortlisting will commence immediately and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.